Why Choose Dance?
1. Dance education must be thought of as any other form of learning; it should be understood that learning to dance is gaining an education, not just something to do with a kid on Saturdays or after school. People often say “I don’t expect my child to be a professional dancer….” No, neither do we as instructors expect that, but we will ALWAYS work to help them attain that success if that is their expressed goal. Ergo, that is not a thought that could be any reason to keep your child from studying dance. After all, a child studies math with no intention of becoming an accountant; we all need to learn to add. We all need to learn music without the thought of becoming a professional musician. We all need to learn geography without becoming professional explorers. Dance training teaches discipline, a desire for excellence, and an appreciation for both team work and self expression.
2. Dance training has many benefits:
|• students learn to be more aware of themselves|
|• they learn to control their bodies|
|• they learn to discipline both mind and body|
|• dancers learn better time management skills|
|• dancers have better posture|
|• dancers learn the importance of teamwork|
|• they move more gracefully, purposefully|
|• they develop better coordination and flexibility|
|• dancers have better peripheral vision|
|• studies have found that children involved in dance and athletics heal more quickly and have a higher threshold of pain|
|• dancers learn to play sports better ( this is why many football players take ballet lessons and colleges encourage that )|
3. In dance classes students progress with each lesson. Students taking more classes per week will progress much faster. Once a week dancers will find the fun and satisfaction of learning to master steps and moving in a controlled stylistic manner. ( In other words, trying to look like a ballerina or jazz dancer is an accomplishment and fun! )
4. Dance students are sometimes the most busy and active students on school campuses (elementary, junior, high school and college). They learn to budget their time, because they know that their school lessons are important and so are their dance lessons. Everything must be worked into that little bit of time every afternoon after school. For this reason and the physical activity involved dancers tend to have more stamina. After all, it is people with stamina who win life’s races, battles and challenges!
5. Dance classes give appreciation for all the arts. Dance makes the student aware of music and art. Through the introduction to the stories of ballet, dance stimulates an interest in literature story, and creating stories.
Congratulations, you have made the right decision to put your child in dance!!